Wednesday 27 July 2011

A Brief Encounter.

         At the tender age of 19 I moved to work in London and was very eager to see all the attractions that London had to offer. Loving all that Gay London was throwing at a young princess and I really enjoyed going to a pub near St. Martins in the field called Brief Encounter. From an early age all I really wanted was to settle down, a husband, child and a couple of dogs, so I was very fussy who I would date or flirt with as they had to tick of every box on my list and that list was long and very strange. Another thing that was really important was never to date someone who was better looking than myself. Wise words from my Mother "Never date anyone better looking than yourself as they spend more time than you in the mirror" wise words and it has worked most of the time. ( with the exception of my dear husband who is the most attractive man in the world).
         One day after work I screamed into Brief Encounter for a couple of Gins and to see who was about. Not knowing many people I always tried to get to know the barmen so at least there was someone to talk to. Sitting up at the bar chatting to the hunky barmen the bar became really busy. In the corner of my eye at the other end of the bar I noticed the most attractive man I have ever seen. He was about 6 foot tall, dark hair and come to bed eyes. A body that would only be found on the designer underwear boxes I so enjoy fingering in TK Maxx. I knew he was great to look at but totally out of even my league so I carried on drinking and chatting to the barmen.
         About ten minutes later the barman came up to me and gave me a drink, saying thank you he said it was not from him but the guy at the other end of the bar. Well, you could have knocked me over with a condom. One thing lead to another and by the end of the evening we were both in a taxi heading back to his apartment. Now I was still very new at all this and a bit shy when it came to good looking guys, so once we got back to his place I moved quickly into the bathroom to freshen up and jumped straight into bed.
         The hunk came into the bedroom after going to the bathroom and stood at the end of the bed. Now was the time for my own private floor show, off came the shoes, then the socks which as I remember he did with so much grace. If that was me I would have fallen ass over tit trying to take my socks off. Then the belt slipped from his waist and then he ripped open his shirt. Oh I was not wrong, he had more muscles than I have ever seen and with everything rippling and shining I felt I needed sunglasses. If a friend had been there I would have asked them to slap me across my face to wake me up. Then he unbuttoned his jeans very, very slowly, and my heart was racing faster and faster. All at once he dropped his jeans...
         The shock of what I saw was to much for me to handle, this perfect guy with more muscles than I had seen before was wearing Y-fronts. The same style and colour as my father, the only other thing that would have put me off more would have been my mother walking into the room and sitting on the end of the bed and asking if I wanted a cup of tea. Before he could say a word I was out of the bed and dressing quickly and saying over and over again that I was sorry but we could not do this and left as fast as my little feet would carry me.
         Never did see him again but always made sure that when it was possible if I did get a date, asking what kind of underwear was always at the top of my list. All my friends still laugh about it but a girl has to have standards and I'm sorry nothing turns me off more than Y-fronts.


Oh I shudder just looking at them.
Where is that sick bucket
.







2 comments:

  1. Hello Neil:
    We are completely at one with you here. Standards! And so important to maintain them in a world where they appear, at least to us, to be slipping by the hour.

    We continue to contemplate a trip to Truro to see TK Maxx for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane and Lance,
    Thank you so much for reading my blogs. I hope they bring a smile to your face's. Truro is a wonderful city and I know you would enjoy wondering around and TK Maxx is a experience not to be missed. x

    ReplyDelete