Friday 12 August 2011

21 Years of happiness

          21 years ago I went out with my friends to a night club in Glasgow called Bennets. Three weeks earlier I had dumped my latest boyfriend as he was not ticking off many items on my list (read previous blogs). After jumping from one relationship to the next I was determined to play the field and have a string of one night stands. Well, everyone in life should experience being a slut at some point. The evening was going  alright with about 8 to 10 men eyeing me up and I could have had my pick of any of them but none of them really got my juices running. I decided to go down to the other end of the night club to have a troll and see who was about. In the early 90's the fashion for men was the boring white tee shirt and blue jeans and black shoes which I found not that interesting and they all looked the same.  To my surprise in the corner of the room I saw a young man wearing black trousers, a white shirt which a red motif on it and red shirt braces. This guy was stunning and my heart was pounding like crazy. He was tall with broad shoulders, thinning on top and a beautiful face and his lips I just wanted to kiss them.
I decided to keep my cool and just hang around to see if I could attract his attention. I moved into the corner and stood waiting and watching. Within a couple of songs he was standing behind me, and my heart was racing.
"Can I buy you another drink?" The young man asked.
"No sorry you can't buy me another drink" was my reply.
"Oh OK " said the hunk turning away and looking all rejected.
I grabbed his arm and whispered into his ear. "You can't buy me another drink as this is tap water and it's free."
          Within a couple of minutes we were dancing and then standing in the corner snogging. I was in Heaven as his lips and hands did things to my body that no other man had ever done and trust me I had my fair share of men. We arranged to meet the next day on a date and we have never looked back since.
          Greg is my rock and the only person in this world I want to be with all the time. He is my best friend, my lover and a wonderful father to our son. He ticked every box on my list and more and the last 21 years has passed so fast but he has never changed and when I look at him I still see that sexy young man.
          Thank you Greg for everything and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You are my world and my life would have been very boring with you not in it. I am looking forward to the next 21 years as we move from middle age into old age knowing that in my life there is a man who loves me for who I am and each day makes me laugh and is just there supporting me all the way.

1 comment: